We call postal mailing to the process by which we send personalized information in a physical format to a certain target audience. This mailing can simply contain a letter or a complete package: letter, brochure, answer card, answer, stuffer, flyer, etc.
Postal delivery is a direct marketing tool with proven efficiency and profitability since it provides us with many advantages:
- A greater personalization of the messages, based on the previous segmentation of the market and the use of the ideal databases, says, direct us directly to our target audience.
- The sending of advertising or publicity letters eliminates the barriers of space, format or times that limit other means.
- Obtaining measurable answers to each postal mailing.
- A simple adaptation of the strategies and messages according to the results that are obtained.
- They provide a good investment/results ratio.
Possibilities offered by mailing
The possibilities offered by a mailing include the following:
- Make our company known by means of a letter of introduction and a brochure of our products or services.
- The postal mailing allows generating cross sales of new products that are incorporated into our portfolio.
- Direct sales by mail, with the catalog.
- Send publications (magazines) to members of an association, federation, etc.
- Billing: mass billing processes (gas companies, electricity companies, water associations, etc.) may incorporate micro-segmented advertising in those mailings.
- Internal notes for our network of distributors: update of rates or guidelines that are wished to transmit from the central offices.
- For congratulations on specific times.
- Communicate to existing customer’s new products or services that complement our portfolio through mailings.
- Oriented to customer satisfaction surveys. For a database update.
The most common supports:
- Envelopes:envelopes of communications.
- Plastic: bagging or wrapping of magazines, catalogs, and brochures.
- Boxes: packages with various elements.